Friday, September 17, 2010

Clinic?



So, as my rehab continues here at Stockton, I feel like my knee isn't getting any better. The athletic trainer told me to only try running every other day now, instead of every day. So far, it hasn't been helping. Wednesday I tried, and it hurt from start to finish. So, yesterday I did the bike - almost no pain! Today I have to try running again. If my knee doesn't start to feel better soon, I might have to red-shirt the season. At least that way I'll be able to do cross country, and possibly indoor track, in my fifth year at stockton. 

My dad offered to take me to a clinic in Delaware that he saw an article for in Runner's World magazine. It's quite a bit of money, but he said that if running really meant that much to me, he'd take me as a birthday gift. Whatever I end up doing, I hope my knee gets better! I think it’s hysterical that my father, even though he’s not a runner, nor is he that healthy, takes interest in the Runner’s World issues that I get. He probably reads them more than I do now, what with homework for class and whatnot.

My mother, on the other hand, thinks that my injury is completely mental. I’ll admit, I think that part of it is. Pressure from school and leaving most of my friends might have something to do with it, but I feel adjusted enough to college life that if it were all mental, m injury should have been healed by now. Plus, there’s no reason for me to actually make up an injury: running is something I love, so why would I purposely try to hurt myself so that I couldn’t run?

Anyways, we’ll see how things progress, and I’ll keep updating. Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment